Ready to start bidding? Find instructions for auction registration, guidelines, and useful tips for bidding below.
How to Register:
Register via Text
- Text "zoodebut2021" to 76278.
- Follow the prompts from the texts received.
- Once registered, click the blue link within the Welcome Text to access the campaign.
Register via Home Page
- Visit the event website address: zoodebut2021.givesmart.com
- Click Register to Participate.
- Create an Account.
- Check the Terms and Conditions box.
- Check the Text Messages box (for bids, purchases and event announcements).
- Click Create my GiveSmart Account.
- Click Ok within the All Set Message to complete Registration.
How to Bid:
Want to participate in the Live Auction, but are unable to attend?
If you would like to participate in the Live Auction but are unable to attend Zoo Debut, please email Marketing Manager, Kristen Humphrey, at email@example.com with the item number(s) of the Live Auction item(s) you would like to bid on along with your maximum bid(s) NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, SEPT. 10 at 3PM. We will then bid for you during the event on Sept. 11. You will be notified after the event if you won.
- The live auction will start at 7PM and end at 8PM on Saturday, September 11, 2021. Bidding on live auction items will only be available at this time.
- The silent auction will open at 4PM on Tuesday, September 7, 2021 and close at 9PM on Saturday, September 11, 2021. Bidding on an item will stop when the silent auction is closed.
- All sales are final and are not subject to refunds or warranty. All item are “as is.”
- Racine Zoo makes no warranties or representations of any kind or nature, either expressed or implied, with respect to the property. Racine Zoo has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but does not warrant or represent, and shall in no way be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship or condition of items.
- Suggested values have been supplied by the donors and are not guaranteed by Racine Zoo.
- Certificates issued are one-of-a-kind and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Expiration dates are firm and cannot be extended.
- After the close of the auction, the winner’s credit card will be charged and a receipt will be emailed to the email address on file.
- Winning bidders are responsible for picking up their item(s). Pick-ups will be available during designated times. Instructions will be sent to winners after the auction closes.
Can anyone participate in the silent auction?
The auction is open to everyone 18 years and older. You must be at least 21 years old to bid on any alcohol-related auction packages.
What technology will I need to participate?
To view and bid on auction items, you will need access to a computer or mobile device with internet connection. You will be required to enter in your mobile phone number to participate, as you will receive text notifications regarding your bids. We recommend that you check the website or your text messages periodically to see the status of your bids.
Can I pay by cash/check by mail or in person?
We cannot accept payments by cash or check at this time to ensure that all transactions can be fulfilled in a timely manner. Upon registering, you will be asked to provide credit card information. Bidders will need to authorize their winning bid charges to that credit card immediately after the auction closes.
How do I pick up my items?
Pick-ups will be available during designated times. Instructions will be sent to winners after the auction closes.
What if I need my items shipped?
Shipping is available for an extra fee. Please email Chelsea Locke at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
If you are an event sponsor, patron, or donating, your contribution is tax-deductible, as allowed by law.
Auction packages won above the fair market value are tax-deductible in the amount of the difference. For federal income tax purposes you may be able to deduct the portion of your purchase price that exceeds the item’s fair market value (FMV), if you paid the excess with the intent to make a charitable contribution.
Please note that transaction fees and taxes associated with your contribution are not tax-deductible. For any additional questions, please consult your tax advisor.
Tax-deductible acknowledgment emails will be sent to you after payment has been processed.
If you experience difficulty participating in the online auction, please email Marketing Manager, Kristen Humphrey, at email@example.com.