We are OPEN! It's time to rediscover the Zoo you know and love! We have temporary restrictions to help keep our guests, animals, and staff safe from COVID-19 during these uncertain times.
Hours & Admission: racinezoo.org/hoursadmissions
Racine Zoo Printable Map: PDF
**Please note these precautions are TEMPORARY and will be lifted once it is safe to do so. Changes can occur at any time. Please be patient with us as we try to best accommodate guest needs and city directives.**
Know before you go:
All visitors MUST wear a mask
- To keep everyone safe, all visitors must wear a mask to enter the Zoo (except children 4 years and younger). Masks will be available for purchase at the Zootique Gift Shop for $1. See our statement on masks.
- Guests participating in giraffe encounters must wear a mask regardless of age.
Number of guests
- Although there are no restrictions on guests on property during regular operating hours, there may be limits in order for us to maintain appropriate social distancing guidelines
Playgrounds will be OPEN
- Our playgrounds will be cleaned daily with sanitizing stations placed nearby. The playgrounds are high touch areas. Use at your own risk.
Drinking fountains will be OPEN
- You may also bring in your own non-alcoholic beverages.
Walkabout Creek will be OPEN
- Visit the kangaroos, wallaroos, and emu!
Vanishing Kingdom will be OPEN
- See the orangutans, emperor tamarins, and more inside Vanishing Kingdom. The number of guests in the building will be limited.
The Discovery Center will be OPEN
- Visit our reptiles, bats, fish, and more near the front entrance of the Zoo. The number of guests in the building will be limited.
The Zoo Choo Express train will be:
- OPEN weekends only April 10 - May 23, 2021, 10AM – 3:45PM
- OPEN daily May 29 – September 6, 2021, 10AM – 3:45PM
Max & Jenny's Jungle Grill is OPEN on weekends.
The Watering Hole is OPEN on weekends.
The Norco Aviary will be:
- OPEN daily May 27 – September 6, 2021, 10AM – 4PM
Barnyard Safari will be:
- OPEN daily May 1 – September 6, 2021, 10AM – 4PM
North Shore Bank Giraffe Encounters will be:
- OPEN weekends only May 1 – May 30, 2021 at 11AM, 1PM, 3PM
- OPEN daily May 31 – September 6, 2021 at 11AM, 1PM, 3PM
To keep you safe:
- We will have hand sanitation stations strategically located throughout the Zoo.
- Bathrooms, the Zootique Gift Shop, and other high-touch areas will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- All Zoo staff working are required to wear masks and gloves. All Zoo staff will have their temperatures checked before working.
- Social distancing among all Zoo staff and guests is vital. The Zoo will have visual reminders to stay 6 feet apart and staff members placed to ensure guests are maintaining a safe social distance throughout campus.
- If a guest feels sick before visiting, we ask that they not visit the Zoo.
Zoo Visit Risk
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Racine Zoo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy a membership?
You can purchase a membership online or at the Zootique Gift Shop.
Is the path ADA Accessible?
Yes. If you need a wheelchair or have mobility issues, wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent at the Zootique Gift Shop.
We want to thank our community for your patience and support and cannot wait to see you back at the Zoo!