#21. The Show Must Go On- Create an animal puppet.
#31. Learn About Animals- Meet a few of our education animals.
#32. Feed the Birds- Learn about birds and construct a take home bird feeder.
#34. Conservation- Learn how to be green.
#35. Fun Outdoors- Zoo tour and environmental games.
#42. Fun at the Zoo- Come on and have some fun at the Zoo!
#7 Your Living World Achievement- Learn about conservation and ways you and your family can be greener.
#23 Let's Go Camping Elective- Enjoy adventure filled activities throughout the night and bunk with the beasts (this is an overnight program, additional fees apply).
#5 Sharing Your World with Wildlife Achievement- Discover how to live in harmony with native wildlife.
#6 Take Care of Your Planet Achievement- Take part in a Zoo face lift.
#25 Let's Go Camping Elective- Enjoy adventure filled activities throughout the night and bunk with the beasts (this is an overnight program, additional fees apply).
Naturalist Activity Badge- Learn how to identify plant and animal species, become animal observation experts, and how animals fit into the food chain.
* We are not merit badge counselors *
Mammal Study- Discover mammal characteristics, become skilled in animal classification, and get the opportunity to put your writing skills to the test.
Nature Study- Meet several education animals, study plant and animal interactions, and learn to recognize wild mammals, birds, amphibians, and reptiles.
Reptile and Amphibian Study- Discover reptile and amphibian characteristics and correct identification with live animals, and explore the myths and facts of reptiles and amphibians.
- All programs are two and one-half hours long and the cost per scout is $12 unless otherwise noted. We do not have a minimum group size, however there is a minimum charge of $120 per program. You may combine with another group if you are unable to meet the minimum. The maximum group size is 20. You receive one free chaperone per troop. Additional chaperones are $6. No siblings please.
- We offer Scout programs year-round either on the weekends or after school or the weekdays.
- To register for a Scout program, please call the education department at (262) 636-9580.
- Full payment and a completed registration form are required to hold your spot for the program. The Zoo does reserve the right to cancel a program at any time due to unforseen circumstances for a full refund to you.
- All classes will be held in the Kiwanis Education Center located on the southwest corner of the Historic Main Building. Please enter through the blue door.
- Please note: badges are not included in the program, however a Racine Zoo patch may be purchased.